David N Anderson

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Stock Photography.


Recently, I've decided that one thing I do not take advantage of in my work is the lucrative business of Stock photography.

Stock Photography entails submitting an image (or number of images) to an agency, which they then keep on file. The agency will then be approached by companies who need images and will pay for one time rights for these. The agency takes a cut of the money and the photographer gets the rest.

I've worked on a semi-stock photography basis before with the Scottish Agricultural College but I feel that this is an avenue worth exploring. It can be difficult to initially break into this field and with digital photography at an all time high, competition is fierce but my style and subject tend to lend themselves well to commercial photography so hopefully, something will come of it.

This week I plan on documenting the relaunch of a cosmetics range at DollyLeo Apothecary, as well as more work with the Royal Botanic Gardens on Sunday.

1 comment:

dnanderson said...

Thank you for that Cara - spelling changed.

I'll try the publisher route - I was thinking about the recent batch of photos I took and thought they were very "bookish". Perhaps it's an omen...